Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Historical Jesus

This morning I had the opportunity to really connect with someone and communicate about love and the very powerful and positive feeling of being with the force I know as God, a totally wonderful experience. I could feel the presence of that power and knew I was on the right path. I really resonate with the comments by Borg when he wrote of Jesus that "His own self-understanding did not include thinking and speaking of himself as the son of God whose historical intention or purpose was to die for the sins of the world, and his message was not about believing in him. Rather, he was a spirit person, subversive sage, social prophet, and movement founder who invited his followers and hearers into a transforming relationship with the same Spirit he himself knew, and into a community whose social vision was shaped by the core value of compassion.".