Saturday, December 22, 2018

Choice

I have spent a number of years following each of two very different "life paths" — the first being fear based and survival oriented, the second being love based and living oriented. The first years of my life were primarily, though not entirely, fear based and the last few decades have been primarily, though not entirely, love based. They have each always existed together, transitioning between primarily one or the other but both being present, and probably necessary. The fear part of me seems very human, includes behaviors like getting a job and being a responsible member of society, both based on the opinions of others. The main internal message of my fear side is that I need to do so and so or suffer the consequences. The behaviors of my love side are similar, but I choose and perform the activities because they feel right to me and the internal message is love of life. "The Lord explained that it was needful that he [George Fox]’should have a sense of all conditions’. How else should he learn ‘to speak to all conditions?’ Then followed the critical experience: ‘I saw the infinite love of God. I saw that there was an ocean of darkness and death, but an infinite ocean of light and love which flowed over the ocean of darkness. In that also I saw the infinite love of God; and I had great openings’"