Saturday, January 5, 2019

Life

It struck me today that in spite of the inconvenience of my disability, I truly enjoy my life, all of it. Today I began the day by meditating and praying in the wee hours right after midnight. I went to a morning recovery meeting and mentored a couple of people. Those activities were all meaningful and had substance. I also watched part of an enjoyable movie (The Martian) which was pure distraction and had no meaning beyond being a nice break. As Jack Kornfield wrote "The happiness we discover in life is not about possessing or owning or even understanding. Instead, it is the discovery of this capacity to love, to have a loving, free and wise relationship with all of life. Such love is not possessive but arises out of a sense of our own well-being and connection with everything."