Thursday, July 30, 2020

Retail Therapy

I read the “Washington Post” which says that the world is in chaos and getting worse daily with issues like a surging pandemic, out-of-control economy, a coming police state, habitat destruction, climate change, etc.  I then meditate on peace and love and realize that, in an eternal sense, everything is fine.  I go about my day “broadcasting” peace, love, understanding and compassion every chance I get, knowing that might help the situation.  On the other hand I understand that car sales are at a record level and my thought is that “retail therapy” will not work.  “An Indian says you search, in vain, for what you cannot find.  He says you found a thousand ways of runnin down your time.  He didn’t scream it, he said it in a song and he’s never been known to be wrong.” (from the movie “Jeremiah Johnson”)