Sunday, May 22, 2022

Holistic Health

  The topic in today’s Quaker reading group was service to others and there was primarily talk of mental health and medical services.  Providing needed aide to poor or under served communities was also mentioned.  The book we read spoke of ‘the power of science, lovingly administered” and how science could save lives.  When it was my turn I spoke passionately of how “the power of love, scientifically (objectively) administered” had saved my life numerous times.  The fact is that I had been diagnosed with a degenerative neurological problem in 1988 and the medical community made it clear that they could not help me so, with guidance, I turned to a spiritual, loving solution.  That solution has served me well ever since and I now pass it on as was done with me.