Monday, June 3, 2013

A Simple Spiritual Path

I had a dream last night that accurately reflected a spiritual dilemma that I am going through right now.  In the dream, I was dropped off in front of a large, very modern looking, building with pillars and lots of glass in front.  The person who dropped me off was my mother (middle aged, not as old as when she died) and she was driving my old Opal Cadet.  I entered the building with its pillars, marble floors and people milling around.  As I went about my business the building got much larger and I got further from the front door, where I was to be picked up, at some, unspecified, time.  I was walking (no longer disabled) around the building, partially looking for where I was to be picked up, and ended up on a dirt road entering a wilderness area that looked a bit like hilly tundra and was totally devoid of people.  I was totally lost, there was no one to give me directions and I was confused but not particularly disturbed by the situation.
My dilemma is that in real life I have gone through various life events and ended up following a simple spiritual path which is very different from the conventional path.  At the present time, I am a bit confused but not particularly disturbed by the situation, in fact I am fine with it, it just is.  I have encountered a very simple, loving God who does not judge, is not critical, does not require obedience and embraces the human condition.