Monday, October 28, 2013

Prayer & Meditation

I recognize that it is a very valuable lesson for me but I find it easy to become occupied and a bit obsessed with the day to day events of moving, rather than focusing on the peace and love of the eternal “I am”.  Most events in my life are not that compelling.  I am reminded of the quote usually attributed to Ram Dass, “If you think you are enlightened, try visiting your parents”.  The ordeal of moving brings me back to thoughts of worldly events and, since my thoughts are often fear based, I find myself fretting over little things that would normally not bother me.  I then, using prayer and meditation, return to the peace, serenity and love of I am.  Quite a contrast and valuable lesson to realize that many people believe in the day to day events, rather than returning to prayer and meditation.