Monday, January 27, 2014

Connecting

The most enjoyable part of the day was when I went into the backyard to be with the trees for a while.  I must admit that my own desires made it hard to connect with the attitude/being of the trees.  The birds, particularly the doves and pigeons, are showing clear evidence of preparing for the coming spring with an increase in activity, especially sexual activity, like chasing each other.  I was hoping that the trees would demonstrate a similar increase in activity, my thoughts and desires made it difficult to simply be open to the way they were.  They were experiencing a quiet part of their annual cycle.  The most active was our blue spruce.  When I finally succeeded at being open to them, they seemed quiet and peaceful, a good way to feel during the winter in Flagstaff.