Thursday, February 13, 2014

Getting To The Absolute

I strive to align myself with the Absolute or, as St. Teresa of Avila would say, lead a life of prayer.  A big factor that enables me to do that is beginning each day with a period of prayer and meditation.  The early morning, before anyone else around me gets up, is when I feel closest to God, which is why I pray and meditate then and it changes my whole day.  During that period I systematically negate various concepts, labels and ideas as defining me in any way.  I readily acknowledge that the concepts, labels and ideas are things I participate in, but also that they are outside of me.  The only true part of me is the sense of “I am” that is beyond my concepts, labels, ideas and aligned with the Absolute.  The various concepts, labels and ideas distract me from that.