Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Life

Maria and I met at the bank today in order to arrange my business accounts in such a way that she will have easy access in the event that I take a downturn in health.  While there, I noticed that the young man (perhaps 37) who was assisting us seemed to be a bit restless.  He talked of buying and selling various fast cars and properties as well as some frustrations over the weather and sports teams, all pretty normal conversation.  I also know of several older individuals who do same sorts of things and talk similarly.  The reason I took note of this, is that I do not say or do similar things and I feel at peace with conditions the way they are.  I readily acknowledge that my life is different than what I would call ideal, there are numerous challenges but it is also wonderful and it is what it is.