Thursday, April 17, 2014

Going With The Flow

For me, life has gotten very busy lately, so it would be easy for me to give up some of my devotional time or self-care, a tendency I need to guard against.  I have an increased client load, my correspondence with families has increased and I am making final preparations for a retreat I will lead at the end of this month.  Doing these things necessitates that I not resist what life has put in front of me and that I continue asking for support and guidance as well as continuing my prayer and meditation.  I also need to continue with things like exercise, eating carefully and sleeping enough.  Resisting requires time and energy, while accomplishing nothing.  Historically, though not recently, I have let these things slide in response to a busy life, with negative results.