Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Using Intuition

On the way back from Mexico. An event took place that seemed, intuitively, to have some weight to it, an event that I should pay attention to.  I have learned, over time, to pay attention to such events.  What happened was that, as we were driving along at 35-40 miles per hour, we approached a road kill which was being devoured by around half a dozen or so turkey vultures.  As we approached they all took off, but the last of them waited too long and ended up crashing into the window right in front of me, killing the bird, breaking the window, setting off the crash bag (which did not actually deploy) and startling me.  Within less than a second, I flashed back to a similar event in which a crow crashed into a window right in front of me, in my home a few weeks earlier.  Both events reminded me of  getting hit by stone fragments in the sweat lodge.  Shortly after the event, the driver commented that “his buddies are probably eating him now”, which, in turn, reminded me of a previous scene where one dog was eating another dog, similarly,  struck and killed by a car.  Through meditation and contemplation, I have gotten as far as realizing that I should be alert/pay attention for some sort of startling breakthrough and that it will probably have something to do with life, death and survival, but that is as far as I have gotten.  My intuition tells me that there is more.