Saturday, May 3, 2014

Choices

The ego and intellect lead me to make largely fear based choices, which are very good and sometimes important for survival and protective purposes.  What is commonly called the heart or God part of me leads me to make love based choices, which are very good for my spiritual growth and development.  For example, I am a mental health therapist and my intellect/ ego says that I should never give my services away and that I should be on guard against people trying to take advantage of me, anxiety producing and very tiring.  However, acting out of love, within limits, I frequently give my services away, with the assumptions that some people will take advantage of me and that overall, most people will return the favor and I will be given what I need, a much more relaxed approach.  Both approaches are completely valid, one of them feels better, to me, and advances the integrity of the universe.