Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Optimist?

Recently, I was referred to as an “optimist” because I commented that humans were capable of achieving a world of peace.  The person I was talking to thought I was suggesting that we would avoid such outcomes as wars or climate change, which is not what I meant.  I suspect that wars and climate change will happen, along with very possible dire consequences.  I simply know that we humans have it within us to avoid those dire consequences.  I also know that whatever outcome happens, will be fine, though I do not know what form that will take. I  realize that it is possible for humans to “wake up”, as happened in my case, possibly before extinction of the species or destruction of the planet.  Personally, I will continue to do everything I can in order to help achieve a world of peace.