Saturday, September 27, 2014

Achieving Peace & Love

I have been reflecting on the message contained in the poem “The Perfect High” by Shel Silverstein.  As he says at the end of the poem "Yes, Lord, it's always the same...old men or bright-eyed youth... It's always easier to sell 'em some shit than it is to tell them the truth."  The fact is that I have gone through a great deal of internal work and have had to overcome numerous internal obstacles, with the result that I now live a simple life of peace and love.  I readily admit that the path has not been easy or fun but the end result is beyond what I thought possible.  I have noticed over and over that many people admire and are drawn to my way of life, but, at the same time, do not want to do the necessary work to achieve the same, so I also make them uncomfortable.