Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Sacred Time

I have developed the habit of getting up, contemplating, praying and meditating between twelve and one in the morning, then staying up at times until four. I also do my best writing and reading between those hours. At around four I begin some deep meditation or "zoning", which resembles sleep. At that quiet time I feel most connected to God and my true being, a sacred time for me. When I was working full time it was five then four. As I worked less my getting up spontaneously got earlier. I have heard something similar from other spiritual seekers and leaders. "In the stillness, you will find your true being. In the silence you will hear the breathing of your soul ---- and of God.

"I have told you many times, and I tell you here again: You will find Me in the stillness."