Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Fear

I moved back east after a period of learning in the west. During that period I learned and studied several spiritual traditions and now I wish to carry what I have learned to the east. I am here to be of service, to help out in dark times. On the one hand I know that, with God’s guidance, I have what it takes to do what is required. On the other hand I am afraid that I don’t. About five days ago I referred to it as "galloping fear", Williamson calls it "free floating" in her comments; "A lot of us know we have what it takes—the looks, the education, the talent, the credentials. But in certain areas, we’re paralyzed. We’re not being stopped by something on the outside, but by something on the inside. Our oppression is internal. The government isn’t holding us back, or hunger or poverty. We’re not afraid we’ll get sent to Siberia. We’re just afraid, period. Our fear is free-floating. We’re afraid this isn’t the right relationship or we’re afraid it is. We’re afraid they won’t like us or we’re afraid they will. We’re afraid of failure or we’re afraid of success. We’re afraid of dying young or we’re afraid of growing old. We’re more afraid of life than we are of death." I’m not being stopped but I am aware of the difficulty.