Saturday, March 11, 2017

Recovery

I took my last pain pill this morning at 5:30 and then spent the rest of the day quietly - reading, meditating and contemplating, then ending the day by fixing dinner. It is hard for me to realize that two days ago, Thursday, I had surgery. I am now largely over it with a small amount of pain and some healing to go. I am reminded of the words of Emmet Fox, that "There exists a mystic Power that is able to transform your life so thoroughly, so radically, so completely, that when the process is completed your own friends would hardly recognize you, and, in fact, you would scarcely be able to recognize yourself. It can lift you out of an invalid's bed, and free you to go out into the world to shape your life as you will. It can throw open the prison door and liberate the captive. This Power can do for you that which is probably the most important thing of all in your present stage: it can find your true place in life for you, and put you into it. This Power is really no less than the primal Power of Being, and to discover that Power is the divine birthright of all men." I have tapped into that power and it has indeed transformed my life, in addition to helping me recover from surgery quickly.