Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Difficult Times

In my book, Three Simple Questions: Being in the World, But Not of It, I outline a way of life, an approach to life, that got me through hard times. The book revolves around three questions that I have used many times and continue to use daily. They are, (1) Would I do this in front of God, or whatever you call that power/force?; (2) Is my name really on it or is it really my responsibility?; (3) Will this increase the integrity of the universe, or is this loving? The book also contains outlines of several meditative and contemplative practices I use every day. The book contains a spiritual way of life that works for me. It’s a way of life that brings me joy even during difficult times. It is also a belief system that is totally adaptable to any person and any belief.