Sunday, June 25, 2017

God Seed

We had a meeting of our book study group this morning. We are reading and discussing Healing The Heart Of Democracy: The Courage To Create a Politics Worthy of the Human Spirit, by Parker J. Palmer. During the meeting I spoke of he and I as "dreamers" since we both know it’s possible and hope that people will make better choices for life on this planet. I speak in my book of the loving and compassionate "God seed" in each of us. We all know of that "small quiet voice" but many of us choose not to act in response to it or nourish it. We often know that what we are doing is not "right" or know the "right" thing to do, choosing instead selfish actions and instant gratification. I also commented today that I used to be one of the people making self-centered, unhealthy choices and that I now love and understand people who do that.