Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Meditation

Through the process of quiet meditation I have realized that the use of words and reason, the intellect that I relied on for many years, actually interfere with the serenity and conscious contact I strive to achieve. It’s as if the ability to achieve that feeling comes from a different part of the brain/heart. I was pleased to read something similar in Silence: Our Eye On Eternity, by Daniel A. Seeger. He comments that "To understand better the value of silence in daily life, and its relation to this spiritual transformation for which we yearn, it is useful first to consider the limitation of language, of words"......."It is next useful to contemplate the limitations of logical reasoning." Personally, I have not found it possible to eliminate that part of my brain but I can make it quiet by shifting my focus to my breathing or the feeling of love.