Sunday, June 11, 2017

Life

Because of my history and experiences , I am now approachable and can understand and work with many diverse people in a healing, loving way. As I said yesterday "I am well aware of the presence of my shadow or dark side and spent several years living there." I have integrated and learn to love that part of myself. I have hurt people and been hurt, had years of physical pain, lived with a major, life threatening disability for many years, had a near death experience, am a recovering alcoholic and connect with God every night. These are all part of being Charlie and being of service. In the words of Claremont deCastillejo "In those rare moments when all the opposites meet within a man, good and also evil, light and also darkness, spirit and also body, brain and also heart, masculine focused consciousness and at the same time feminine diffuse awareness, wisdom of maturity and childlike wonder; when all are allowed and none displaces any other in the mind of a man, then that man, though he may utter no word is in an attitude of prayer. Whether he knows it or not his own receptive allowing will affect all those around him; rain will fall on the parched fields, and tears will turn bitter grief to flowering sorrow, while stricken children dry their eyes and laugh."