Sunday, August 13, 2017

Being Of Service

I lead a peaceful life of loving service along with many other activities that support me and my efforts. I spend a lot of time each day maintaining the inner silence that my life requires in the hope that what I do has a positive impact on the world. In the words of Seeger "It [inner silence] is to establish an inner peace, an inner harmony, which will allow us authentically to contribute to the establishment of an outer peace and an outer harmony in the world at large." He goes on to write "For after all the beautiful and simple words have been spoken, it is still the pattern of that Life which compels attention: its obscure and humble birth; its education in poverty; its temptation, mortification, and solitude; its acts of compassion and service; its desolation at moments of apparent abandonment of the Divine; its painful death of the self; and its final absorption into the Source."