Saturday, August 19, 2017

Spiritual Life

My sense is that Maria, my wife, and I have created a "zone" of love, spirit, service, healing and well-being on and immediately surrounding this property. Today while doing my morning ceremony and mowing the front lawn I could feel it. The plants and animals on our property seem to sense it too, and do well accordingly. My wife and I treat this property as sacred and attempt to act in accordance with the zone. In the words of Patricia Loring "We can cultivate an environment among us which will foster one another’s spiritual growth by directing and redirecting intention and attention to God; by discouraging what draws us away; by loving support for each other in the vicissitudes of our utterly human lives; by respecting and cherishing the uniqueness of each life."