Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Discernment

As I have mentioned I am an exceptional case in that I have not followed the typical prognosis for my condition and, for that reason, I present a challenge to conventional beliefs. I recently went to a new neurologist who was puzzled and a bit defensive about my situation, calling for more testing and referring me to another physician for consultation. His position is understandable, given the complexity of my situation. My role is to integrate and understand his point of view, deciding on the best course of action. I have to discern the best course of action for myself, a difficult task, and one that requires meditation, contemplation and clarity. "To undertake to live a discerned life, to endeavor daily to be attuned to authentic movements of the Spirit leading us into greater fullness of life, is a strenuous undertaking." (Loring)