Saturday, September 9, 2017

Perspective

Today during a conversation with someone who feels greatly disturbed over the way we are treating each other and this planet, I found myself acknowledging the unpleasant actions and saying they are both terrible and wonderful. I cannot say that I truly understand why they are both terrible and wonderful, but I could and can feel the truth of the statement. Meditating on the paradox it occurs to me that temporally the actions often cause difficulties or death, the termination of earthly existence. From an eternal perspective, life is very short and death matters little, while the growth and learning resulting from such actions bring us closer to understanding love and connection. In the words of Walsch "If you believe the noises of the world rather than the silences of your soul, you will be lost."