Saturday, September 16, 2017

Staying On Track

I have found repeatedly over time that I have a very strong acquisitive nature and that tendency, if indulged, will immediately override and obliterate any strong spiritual connection. It is amazing and amusing how quickly thoughts of acquiring some new toy or even a refrigerator or car can sweep me away into fantasy land and away from the present or spiritual connection! This is on my mind since today was a celebration by the Friend’s of their fancy, new community house. In my view the building is fancier and more elaborate than what was needed and a distraction from their primary spiritual aim. "while speaking of St. Augustine and his views on detachment, he says ‘we cannot serve two masters. But a man does try to serve two masters if he seeks both the kingdom of God for the great good it is and those other temporal things.’"