Thursday, November 26, 2020

Gratitude

  Today is Thanksgiving, a good day to feel gratitude — and I do.  I am seventy-two and I have to wonder how that happened!  I have encountered numerous physical, emotional and spiritual difficulties during those years, together with the methods of overcoming those problems.  I was led to the solutions during periods of meditation and contemplation.  I am grateful for the solutions and the difficulties that led me to them.  Those difficulties began with being raised in a loveless, non-spiritual, somewhat abusive alcoholic home followed by hypertrophy and a chronic prostate infection in my teen years.  Since then I have experienced my own alcoholism, drug addiction, a mal-functioning heart valve, my disability, pre-cancerous (possibly cancerous) conditions, a lung problem and an underperforming thyroid.  Meditation and God have led me to at least partial solutions to all of those problems.  I have overcome the physical problems to the extent that doctors re-diagnose me since the original diagnosis could not have been correct.  I am seventy-two, retired, married for thirty-eight years and experience happiness and joy regularly.  Not bad!