Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Responsible Citizen

  Yesterday I spent some time listening to N.P.R. and then read some in the “Washington Post” and, as expected, I felt a bit depressed and anxious at the state of the world and some of the things people are doing.  I was being a “responsible citizen” in keeping up with the news.  The presentation was balanced, logical and evidence based.  As is my usual practice I also chose to meditate on peace, love, God and eternity and, of course, felt much better realizing that, in the eternal sense, the world was fine.  To me, being that responsible citizen includes the meditative perspective and spreading peace and love in everything I do.  “To understand better the value of silence in daily life, and its relation to this spiritual transformation for which we yearn, it is useful first to consider the limitation of language, of words.  It is next useful to contemplate the limitations of logical reasoning.” (Seeger)