Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Connecting With a Tree


Today I spent some time connecting with and communicating with the large pinion pine just east of our home, a wonderfully peaceful experience.  I generally begin the process by telepathically greeting the plant or animal, projecting a feeling of love, telling it it’s wonderful, clearing my mind and then just listening.  The tree had a very simple, stable sort of consciousness/presence which it expressed through feelings, and I then attached my words to its feeling.  For example, I communicated my concern about moving to a lush environment and experiencing chaos rather than peace when connecting to the trees, similar to the way I feel in a large gathering of people, like at a party.  What came back from the tree was a feeling that I immediately interpreted as “don’t make us something we are not”, meaning that trees are not like people and that I will always find connecting with the trees and the outdoors in general to be a peaceful experience.  Simple and reassuring.