Friday, March 22, 2013

Feeling of Harmony


At my recovery meeting today the topic was “fear of economic insecurity”, and, more broadly, just fear of the loss of material things.  It was pretty widely acknowledged that the more material possessions and wealth a person has, the greater the fear of loss as well.  That pattern has certainly been true in my life and my way of verbalizing it was that “my possessions owned me”. At this point in my life and having been close to death more than once, I own very little, by American standards, and my future is not secure, yet I am at peace and enjoy my life.  I have a very strong connection with God and connection with the world around me every day.  I live within a bubble of love and feel that everything in my life is, and will be in total harmony, as long as I continue with my focus on those connections.