Saturday, March 16, 2013

Pass It On


Before the lodge tonight I read an e-mail that asked who my first teacher was and I was immediately transported back to sitting and talking with Randy, a poor, sixty-ish, gay, black man, on the tow path of the canal in New Hope, PA, when I was a young teen.  He was the first person in my life to show me selfless love and acceptance.  There have been numerous other teachers, physical and non-physical, during my life.  I was filled with gratitude over the careful molding, guidance and support that I have received along the way.  Now they are all non-physical teachers and part of my role is to “pass it on”.
The lodge tonight was a strong one, as most are.  Thirteen people of both sexes, various ages and backgrounds all questing after spiritual growth, a beautiful thing to be part of.