Sunday, March 10, 2013

Achieving Harmony


Today I am happy and at peace with my life.  I lead a life immersed in love and service to others and feel that my externals are harmonious with my internals.  Externals like possessions, money, power and prestige are not totally absent from my life but minimal, and they definitely take a back seat.  I encourage others to do the same, and that kind of life works for them too.  For me, the absence of physical health and the presence of physical pain certainly demand respect, attention, acceptance and effort, but apparently do not prevent happiness.  In reviewing how this came about for me, I would say that I made a lot of internal changes in attitudes and beliefs, followed by changes in my externals in order to achieve harmony.  Both sets of changes required a good deal of help, guidance, courage and perseverance.