Friday, April 26, 2013

What Does Matter


I have been blessed several times to either be close to death myself or be with someone who was close to death.  At those times people tend to stop thinking about material possessions or “money power and prestige” and turn, instead, to love, faith and connection, a beautiful thing.  A person who is dying just wants to be with you and know you care.  It is as if they know that love and connection have eternal significance and some importance.  Various mystics, saints and other spiritual people through the ages have realized similar things.  I have found small children, who are also closer to the Source, to be much the same.
I should clarify that when I speak of love, I am not talking about the codependent type of love that is often depicted in movies, soap operas or country music.  I am referring to the selfless, truly unconditional love that radiates from God, or whatever you wish to call it.