Friday, July 26, 2013

More Letting Go

Recently, I have been aware of a few people who do not like me, make up stories about me and indicate that I have been unfair with them.  Their response to me is a bit strange since, as far as I can tell, I have done nothing and have very little to do with their perception of me.  It still nags at me, as if I can/should do something about it, and I consider that option carefully.  What seems to be true, is that this sort of thing will go on in spite of any efforts to put an end to it.  As with many things, my best approach is to take action, when the opportunity presents itself and continue to conduct my life with love and integrity.  The outcome is not my responsibility.
I first became aware of the sort of thing I describe in the previous paragraph about twenty-six years ago, when working within the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene of the state of Maryland.  A colleague came into my cubicle to talk about personal matters and ended by saying “you're not so bad!”, and then realizing they should not have said that.  Another colleague came into my cubicle and asked “Do you have any idea what they are saying about you!?”  In each case, the talk around the office was, largely, independent of me and a good example of humanity.