Sunday, July 28, 2013

Signs

Yesterday morning at about 1:00, there were two coyotes calling right outside my window, in my yard.  One was quite loud and strident, the other quieter.  It was quite startling and gave me a strong feeling of foreboding, a form of warning of events to come, a feeling that I needed to get ready for something.  The morning before that, this time at 4:00, while I was meditating, I heard something large and lumbering, like a bear, outside, on the deck around the kitchen area of our house.  That event carried with it the need for courage and strength.  Putting the two together, I think it a good idea to do everything I can to ready myself.
Knowing that everything in the universe is connected means to me that it is a good idea to pay attention to clues like those I describe above.  As my wife pointed out, historically, I have not been good about paying attention, often with disastrous results. I would like to change that.  Understanding is not required, but a good idea in some cases.