Monday, September 30, 2013

Finding Self

I used to identify empathically and closely with the suffering, fear, hurt and chaos of the world around me.  I felt like I was part of that world and, since I wanted to lead a meaningful life, I wanted to intervene and somehow make it better, less of the suffering, fear, hurt and chaos.  Now, thanks to the teachings of various mystics, spiritual leaders and my own meditation, I identify with the peace and love which is also all around me even within the suffering, fear, hurt and chaos.  During my meditation, I repeatedly turn away from any attachment to the pain of the world around me, realizing that my true Self is the peace and love I find in my connection with what I call God.  I still want to change the world, but do so in a joyful way and realize that everything is in divine order.  I also know that my actions and beliefs are part of that divine order.