Saturday, October 5, 2013

Spiritual Growth

I was struck today, during my guidance of others, by how much I have grown and changed during the twenty-eight years of my recovery.  I realize now that I have been very carefully and purposefully molded by various guides and teachers, both physical and non-physical.  Molded to become a loving, compassionate, understanding guide/teacher myself.  My strongest support and guidance has been non-physical, as a result of asking for support and guidance during meditation.  Getting guidance from an outside source feels very different from accessing my own intuition, though both occur during meditation.
In addition to being a teacher/guide myself, I usually stress the importance of having a strong and trusting relationship with a teacher during the growth process, in order to promote growth and avoid the many pitfalls.  I realize, though I don’t understand why, that most people cannot access non-physical teachers, the way I do, so a physical teacher is important.