Friday, September 13, 2013

Staying Right Sized

A day of contrasts, mostly enjoyable, some not, all of it very good to keep me “right sized”.  For most of the day I was connecting and interacting with people, either at a recovery meeting or with my own clients.  In all cases there was mutual respect and caring.  Then I went to a grocery store to get some cottage cheese.  I went directly to the refrigerated cheese and yogurt section, expecting it to be there, which it was not.  I began searching for it and finally asked a store employee its location.  His response was to direct me back to the cheese section and get away from me as soon as possible, a response I am quite familiar with.  The look on his face and his actions said something like “tell the idiot whatever he will be happy with and get him away from me!” .  I felt anger and frustration so I knew not to take action or say anything, I left the store without my objective.