Sunday, September 8, 2013

Using Intuition

Maria and I have a division of labor which, on the surface, seems imbalanced, even risky but also works very well and feels right.  She works around our home, doing the things that I either lack the coordination to do or simply lack the time.  She also works with other people in recovery and volunteers at a local hospice.  She, basically, makes it possible for me to function outside of some sort of assisted living arrangement.  I, on the other hand, work outside of the home and make the money that keeps our ship afloat.  I also love what I do and am good at it.  The fact is that what I make in an hour would take her a great deal longer.  My left brain says that depending on me for income is unwise, my right brain or intuition says the situation is good the way it is.  This is one of the many situations where I would like my left brain to be quiet!