Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Loving The Enemy

I went to the movie “Ender’s Game” today and found it to be very enjoyable.  The movie went beyond the average character development and a bit further into emotional and spiritual realms than most movies.  I do not recall an exact quote, but one of the most important comments to me was that when a person really comes to know and understand an enemy, they also come to love that enemy.  So true, whether the enemy is internal, external or both.  To me, loving, embracing and respecting an enemy is a necessary part of working with it.  Especially when it comes to an internal issue, like my dark side, trying to simply fight it gives it power, rather than overcoming it.  Understanding, loving and embracing the issue, allows me to stop acting on it, and, ultimately, lets it dissolve.