Monday, December 30, 2013

Buddha Nature

It is quite apparent to me that, as various spiritual leaders have pointed out, all persons have within them the Christlike, loving, Buddha nature as well as the self-centered and destruc-tive side.  Personally, I have ample experience with each and now choose to act out of my loving side.  In my experience, the part/side that gets expressed depends on which side is supported and encouraged, individually and by the culture as a whole.  I am now part of the recovery community, which supports my loving side.  Unfortunately, in many ways, functioning and surviving within the high-speed, competitive, individualistic, capitalist structure often supports the self-centered side of people, leading to the antics that various comedians make fun of, especially this time of year.