Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Different Point Of View

Two days ago, I attended a meeting of friends, sometimes called Quakers, a very pleasant experience.  It struck me that I really feel apart.  I was in a spiritually oriented group of people, and that was very nice.  However, many of them are “of” this world and I am not.  They are firmly planted in this as a reality, while I view it as a very temporary/transient part of the whole.  While being alive, we go through a variety of experiences, some enjoyable, some not, with the end result that we learn and grow.  What we call “karma” is learning all sides/aspects of any event.  We then carry the memory of those events as we learn to “give and receive love” as mother Teresa said, a wonderful process to observe.  At that meeting, I was very aware that my point of view is different from many people.