Thursday, April 10, 2014

Beyond Earthly II

Yesterday I spoke of the “beyond earthly” connection I experienced with my father when he had advanced Alzheimer’s.  What I meant was that the connection and his knowing certain things about my life could not be explained using conventional beliefs.  He apparently knew that I was taking risks and exploring options in my life, but did not recognize me as his son.  In other words, he knew me at a deep spiritual level but not our earthly relationship.   I also spoke of a strong feeling of love and “presence” during our connection.  The feeling was that we were each elevated to some sort of spiritual plane and that neither of us were in control of what was happening, that there was some sort of divine assistance.  He also clearly recognized when the connection stopped, as did I.