Saturday, January 3, 2015

Acting Out of Love

Today I noted my tendency to take the safest, protective action, a reaction to fear, rather than, the more risky, honest & love based approach.  In this case, I could follow the prevailing view, which would be safe, or follow what I believe to be the more honest and comprehensive approach.  I am reminded of the words of Williamson, when she said “We were taught to think thoughts like competition, struggle, sickness, finite resources, limitation, guilt, bad, death, scarcity, and loss. We began to think these things, and so we began to know them.........We were taught to see the world the way that others had come to see it. It’s as though, as soon as we got here, we were given a sleeping pill. The thinking of the world, which is not based on love, began pounding in our ears the moment we hit shore.”