Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Dealing With Fears

I watch people dealing with their fear and insecurities in a variety of non-functional ways, usually while also not admitting the driving force. For example they can appear very erudite, using big words, work all the time, have a lot of money, always be active or talk loudly and a lot, all in an attempt to feel happy and cover up the fear and insecurity they feel. I refer to these responses as non-functional because they work minimally, for a short time or not at all. I recognize the pattern, in part, because I used to do the same. I was and they are simply doing the best they can and doing what the culture tells them what will make them feel better. At this point I readily admit my fears and insecurities. I also embrace and love them as a charming and sometimes silly part of my humanity. I then attempt to focus on love, peace, connection and eternity. My approach feels very real, present and fulfilling.