Monday, August 8, 2016

I am

My wife and I are staying with her mother in her home in MD while we look for a home of our own. The property is not densely wooded but has a number of large trees and several bushes, of a variety of species. Tonight, at my wife’s urging, I went out to bless the trees and bushes. Much to my surprise, I automatically went into a very powerful, connected and loving consciousness with the plants. I became the same person I become when doing a healing or during an intense therapeutic session, the person I think of as the "I am" part, the God part. I recall the comment by Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj; "Get to know that "I am" without words which arises in the morning. Knowing the Self, abiding in the Self-knowledge, is not a mere intellectual knowing. You must be that, and you should not move away from it. Remain firm." Staying in that place and being that person is a challenge for me.