Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Spiritual Path 2

I have found a tremendous sense of peace and freedom through detachment from worldly, temporal things together with a focus on love and eternal things. I began my growth process with an increased awareness of my attachments to material things. My awareness continued to expand and finally included my emotional attachments to my own story (history) and concept of self. I next began to realize how much those attachments were creating my own anxiety and restricting my growth. I began giving up those attachments and turning toward love and my sense of the eternal. I now encourage others to follow a similar path, in their own ways. "We do not return to wholeness through any one religion; we return through the Universal Christ. The Mysteries taught initiates that we first enter the path, then we follow the path, then we become the path." (Gloria D. Karpinski).