Saturday, June 10, 2017

Shadow Side

I get up in the middle of the night for several hours of prayer and meditation. The night, the darkness is, for me, a sacred time when my "conscious contact" is at its peak. I am well aware of the presence of my shadow or dark side and spent several years living there. I now use the same energy to live in the Light and to project that Light in everything I do. This is very similar to what John Yungblut says of Carl Jung "What deeper meaning did this paradox hold for him? It was the revelation that not only might good be wrought from the darkness of the unformed abyss, the unconscious, but that part of the very energy of the evil urge in man, if one would but wrestle with it, as had Jacob with the angel, would yield its own peculiar blessing. So profoundly did he trust the darkness of the unconscious!"