Saturday, September 2, 2017

Perspective

I can feel the burning nuclear furnace of Love/God around my heart center directing me to be of service and to spread the words of Love, healing, peace and well being, a wonderful feeling. It’s not that I do not have the normal, self-centered thoughts and fears I grew up with - I do. Those thoughts and fears just do not seem very compelling or important to me now. I am also very aware of other more public concerns such as our political situation or Houston, but know that somehow things are for the best. I like the words written by Stephen Mitchell in The Gospel According to Jesus: "‘Blessed are the pure in heart, for they already see God.’ Seeing God means they have died to self, since ‘no one can see God and live’ (Exodus 33:12). Not that selfish concerns don’t arise for them; but they aren’t attached to these concerns; they have no self for selfishness to stick to; hence they can be carried along in the clear current of what is."